ADA Cleveland seeks to CELEBRATE through remembrance of the ongoing legacy of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990; to LEAD in ensuring access, increasing awareness, promoting independence and providing opportunity; and to ENGAGE our community as advocates for positive change. As reflected in our logo, our core values are: Community, Independence, Equality, Change, Access, Advocacy, and Opportunity.
ADA Cleveland, formed in August 2014, is a coalition of agencies and organizations from Greater Cleveland who share in the mission to provide greater access and opportunity for individuals with disabilities. Along with their various constituencies, all of the agencies and organizations share a commitment to engaging the community at large in order to continue to spread awareness about the ADA and to ensure access for individuals with disabilities.
The member organizations for 2017 are:
- Achievement Centers for Children
- The Arc of Greater Cleveland
- Art Therapy Studio
- City of Cleveland Department of Aging
- Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center
- Cleveland Sight Center
- Cuyahoga County Board of Developmental Disabilities
- The Dancing Wheels Company & School
- Easter Seals Northern Ohio
- Linking Employment, Abilities, and Potential (LEAP)
- Lutheran Metropolitan Ministry
- Maximum Accessible Housing of Ohio
- New Avenues to Independence, Inc.
- North Coast Community Homes
- Services for Independent Living
- UCP of Greater Cleveland
- Welcome House
- Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging
- Youth Challenge